We are looking for 1 Assignment Editor to join our enthusiastic team.
- Manage news stories specifically.
- Read press releases, study newswires and national/international reports.
- Receive email tips and gain information from other sources.
- Make recommendations for stories to run and assign them to staff.
- GCSEs or equivalent in English and Maths grade C or higher.
- Degree in Journalism, English or Writing.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Contacts in the relevant industries.
- An eye for news worthy stories and particularly the unusual as well as the mainstream.
- Ability to interview and gain access to information as well as accurately recall and quote the information.
- Follow journalistic ethics and standards.
- Several years or more working in journalism.
- Experience in management.